Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographic address labelling "Place"

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographic address labelling "Place"
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 20:41:54 -0700

On 2011-09-16, at 5:49 PM, Jim Busser wrote:

> As I see and work with this in the GUI, it feels unnatural.
>
> Much more usual would be
>
>       City
>
> Is this something that could (if there is agreement) be changed as the
> primary label in English?
>

> I do not believe it is anything changeable in menu-based configuration?

In the patient edit contacts (screenshot) it is 'Town' ... suggest

1) to make it the same in both… City

2) to reconcile Region vs State as

        Province / State

as this costs no more screen width than In-praxis primary

3) while I know its addition would require an additional row of vertical space
in "Adding new person", shall

        … Notes

be added so that it is possible to enter them in both? Else one needs to go
into the Demographics and select the Contacts pane and the line item and to
select to edit it, to put this in.

4) In the "Adding new person" dialog, the bottom field "Comment" has no
context. The impression might be that it captures a comment on the occupation,
or perhaps a general comment about contacting the patient. However, where this
gets stored and displayed is in the *Identity* area next to the name. IMO it is
valuable to be able to capture and store a "name" context such as

        Name 1 <--- this used to be their (pre-married) surname
        Name 2 <--- default / current

but this normally only becomes relevant at the point where a second name is
being created. Can I therefore suggest that this space or position in "Adding
new person" (if enough remains even after adding … Notes) be repurposed to
capture

        Emergency notes

which would be stored and accessible in Social network?

PNG image

PNG image