Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.0rc2 and Git hub bug (unhandled exception) on Activ

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.0rc2 and Git hub bug (unhandled exception) on Activate from Waitlist
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 09:24:01 -0700

On 2011-10-04, at 3:17 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 11:44:41AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:
>
>> With newest git I cannot now even reach the primary client
>> screen… after login and plugin loading, the exception
>> window opens but freezes without even having populated and
>> screen objects. Log attached.
>
> Your database is broken:
>
> 2011-09-29 11:42:09  DEBUG     gm.gui
> (/Users/djb/git/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/wxpython/gmExceptionHandlingWidgets.py::handle_uncaught_exception_wx()
>  #152): unhandled exception caught:
>
>  File
> "/Users/djb/git/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/business/gmProviderInbox.py",
> line 82, in get_inbox_messages
>  File "/Users/djb/git/gnumed/gnumed/gnumed/Gnumed/pycommon/gmPG2.py", line
> 1149, in run_ro_queries
>  File
> "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/psycopg2/extras.py",
>  line 122, in execute
>       ProgrammingError: relation "dem.v_message_inbox" does not exist
>       LINE 1: SELECT * FROM dem.v_message_inbox WHERE pk_staff = 1 ORDER B...

Thanks. Turns out I had inadvertently already fixed it, when I re-upgraded v15
to v16 recognizing that the database specification of an earlier release
candidate might not be the same as what had since evolved in git.

I wonder whether despite it could be possible to break a database from a psql
command line, whether a break can as easily or more easily arise from a
bootstrap or database upgrade script which might not have made it to completion.

??

-- Jim