Re: [Gnumed-devel] How should / shall an EMR handle group visits?

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How should / shall an EMR handle group visits?
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 22:01:35 -0700

On 2011-10-04, at 8:09 PM, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

PS: This is not a "we need this feature" or anything like that, its just a comment on how the system works

Sebastian made a comment about postponing to allocate resources to such things until someone really needs it.

I do not myself need it any time soon, however a colleague who understands what is poor in the design of many EMRs (including those which he has used) has said he is postponing to change to any new EMR until he is more satisfied with their designs, and he wants any EMR that he would use to support:

- SNOMED-CT (or other clinically suitable) terminology, supplemented by free text in cases where the SNOMED-CT term was inaddequate
- clinical trainees (students, interns, residents) involved in patient care
- group visits
- clinical decision support

So mainly I was wanting to understand if we could envision (picture) a suitable solution or approach to group visits -- even if the approach would not be immediately coded, and/or even if the coding would need to wait for whoever has the itch severe enough to scratch

-- Jim