Re: [Gnumed-devel] Post 1.1 wishlist - include Hospitalization in EMR su

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Post 1.1 wishlist - include Hospitalization in EMR summary
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 00:18:02 +0000

On 2011-11-11, at 2:09 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> This asks for
>
>       - better formatting options
>       - a dedicated Patient Overview widget
>               - for which I repeatedly solicited layout
>                 suggestions (I'm not going to devise one)

What constraints would you like around any proposed design or layout, for
example

- the EMR tree provides a left pane and a right pane, whose splitter can be
moved
- the Notes provides 3 panes, whose splitters can be moved

Further, the Notes allows objects in a pane to have associated actions, for
example
- clicking a checkbox alters the relevant list filter
- double-clicking a problem raises a new notelet tab

A Patient Overview widget could take one of two approaches
(1) one full-sized pane which pulls together a combination of information
rather like what is currently produced by the EMR tree (right pane)
(2) multiple panes

I am inclined to think that multiple panes, each representing a 'kind' of
information, might be the way to go. Where one of these kinds of information
prompts an awareness to review or edit or add (in) more detail, maybe it would
be possible to program an action to bring the user to a plug-in or to launch
the equivalent of a menu item, if that would be feasible and sensible.

??

-- Jim