Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview widget

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] patient overview widget
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 00:01:45 +0000

I hopped to this thread, which is the more suitable one for patient overview.

I updated the most recent draft png whose URL has changed

http://wiki.gnumed.de/twiki/pub/Gnumed/PatientSummary/Patient_Overview.png

A few comments re rationale:

- when thinking to contact a patient, it is important to not lose awareness
that they are (already known to be) in hospital. That is why I suggest that, in
left column, block 2 (Contacts) there should appear an automatic prompt when
the end date of the most recent hospitalization is null.

- it is also the reason I suggest to place hospitalizations at the top of
column 2

- maybe if the hospitalization is current or recent,  it should acquire a
warning colour

A few other grouping principles

- the left column is demographic and people (circle of care) information about
the patient… I suggest encounters would be nice to include start date, type and
which provider saw them

- the centre column is mainly know health information (Allergy is not
forgotten, however in GNUmed it appears in the top bar Cave)

- the right column has the possibility of new (inbox / lab / documents) or
future-oriented (waitlist) or tracking (measurements) information

- within Measurements there is more than one kind of information that may be of
value to routinely 'find' here, displaying in a hierarchical  order

        - preferences per patient
                (e.g. if they are taking warfarin or on a drug
                        or other tests needing monitoring
                        these would have priority and slot 'above' per-praxis
defaults

        - defaults within praxis
                (general health or body measures:
                        Weight, Height, BMI, BP, HbAc, Creatinine clearance)

        - unsigned measurements
                (abnormal before normal)

It would be really nice if a
- double-click on Measurements sets focus on the Measurement plugin
- double click on a row within the rectangle both sets focus on the Measurement
plugin AND launches gnuplot for that entity

-- Jim