Re: [Gnumed-devel] Post 1.1 wishlist

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Post 1.1 wishlist
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 03:04:58 +0000

On 2011-11-18, at 6:17 PM, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

If I can see the encounter type I would like to edit it ...

My understanding is per first screenshot:

- in the notes editor, the encounter type and start and end (blue bar) would be removed
- the encounter information would instead be placed in the top ribbon, under Caveat
- to modify the encounter information -- just like with Caveat (allergy) you would double click.

Presently, it is only possible to see the current encounter type if you are in the Notes editor (or if you separately open up the list of historical encounters for the current patient). So even though it may feel like you / we are 'losing' something from the Notes editor, the change would make the current encounter type and start datetime more accessible no matter which plug-in was active.

The only thing is that new encounter workflow is clunky. Accepting to create a new encounter gives no option other than to pre-populate it with the default value, and in order to change it we will have to ( see second screenshot)

- open the encounters editor (which opens at the top of the scroll list)
- scroll to the bottom of the list (fortunately, the End key helps)
- click on the (usually) bottom encounter and click the Edit button
- change focus from the 'Summary field" to "Type" field
- control A (select all)
- backspace / delete
- start typing characters and select from phrasewheel
- hit return
- click Save
- click OK to dismiss the Encounters window

That is why I think that

- when accepting a prompt to create a new encounter, the user should be taken to a dialog in which to be able to directly edit the encounter details
- likewise when double-clicking the new object in the top ribbon (under Caveat) the user should be taken directly to edit window and not the encounters list