Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-medication

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-medication
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 07:01:58 +0000

On 2011-12-08, at 2:06 AM, care endoscopy wrote:

2. about emr journal and consultation report
Suppose someone consult me for (S) diarrhoea. I observe (O) emaciation. My (A) is colonic malignancy My (P) is colonoscopy. I did colonoscopy. Showed (O) malignancy. Now when it prints s follows s, o follows o, so that colonoscopic findings are printed above the plan of colonoscopy. This looks odd. I would suggest soap / soap

A partial solution is to make a new encounter between your consultation and your procedure (endoscopy) which can be achieved by any of

EMR menu > Start new encounter

Notes plug-in --> click Encounter [ New ]

in GNUmed 1.2 top right there will be an encounter object permitting [N] ew as seen in this snippet

which will achieve two encounters each with the possibility of

however we did not yet on the list figure out agreement between two different but valid use-cases:

1. to see, and to be able to review, and be able to placehold into documents
--> information organized in a *clinically* meaningful way

which I think can be achieved by adjustments to the EMR tree (not journal)
perhaps as I proposed here:

2. to see, and to be able to review, and copy/paste into a document
--> information organized in a date-last-modified way
(to help us to notice that someone recently altered a previous entry)

which might more nicely be achieved this way:

-- Jim