Re: [Gnumed-devel] Appointment handling

From: richard terry
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Appointment handling
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 08:40:46 +1100

On Friday 13 January 2012 08:12:20 Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday, January 12, 2012 10:03:41 PM richard terry wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 January 2012 20:22:19 Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> >
> > Played with this.
> >
> > Played with LuxCal
> >
> > Ok for the web but personally I think this would quickly drive any
> > secretary crazy.
> >
> > One needs instant quick and responsible one click solutions for
> > appointments ie click on the appointment grid slot (or have the grid
> > respond to typing to auto-enter search moded) > select patient > done.
>
> Thank for looking into this. I guess clicking into the slot type adding
>  could be added to Luxcal.
>
> Do you happen to have a solution in place already ?

Sort of -  only just spent a bit of time debugging mine last weekend.

I used a grid control - currently the appointment grid is set to default to
10mins as that's what I use but could be any interval or different intervals
per doctor per days.

Logic goes something like this

module loads:

* creates empty grid collection of 10 minute appts say 8:30 - 18:00
* appointments loaded for the day from backend into collection
* go through the grid collection  match appt time to the grid time
* if multiple of unit time appointment encountered  delete gridrow member as
appropriate (hence grid collection shrinks)
* if a 'fit-in' eg 10:31, then insert this into the grid collection as new
member at appropriate spot
* re-build the actual grid, displaying appropriate appointment
icons/colors/notes etc. When rebuilding if encouter a appointment longer than
the base unit then make that grid height multiple of the base height and the
time annotated as e.g 09:00-09:20

Secretary using it as follows

Use highlights the row > either starts typing > auto put into edit mode >
types part of name > single patient > inserted, multiple patient > list to
choose from > inserted. Menu options over the grid allow stuff like allocate to
emergency slot, insert a fit-in appointment, delete,

Works ok as a prototype.

Regards

Richard