[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed documentation (Was: GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance R

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GnuMed documentation (Was: GNUmed 1.1.9 Maintenance Release)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 14:17:29 +0100
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-06-14)

On Fri, Jan 13, 2012 at 01:45:06PM +0100, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > Well, that's wrong.  I stumbled upon the documentation *because* it has
> > changed!  It was OK in gnumed-doc_1.1.7-1_all.deb.  There were *no*
> > images 
> which simply is(was) was a mistake back then.

What a fortunate mistake which created pretty useful stuff which does
not exist without this mistake.  I wished every mistake would be of
this nature!
> > at all and *all* links worked.
> which is due to the upgrade of the PublishScript in FosWiki.

So why not downgrading again?

> > I stumbled upon the change
> > because my build system did not worked any more because file locations
> > had changed.
> We can certainly implement something that will restore the file locations. 
> What 
> is the exact problem ? All future wiki export will have said directory layout.

The exact problems are:
  - Broken Links
  - Ugly and finally for the content totally irrelevant header image
  - A lot of pretty useless JavaScript stuff
> > So if you simply and straight would do the very same as in
> > version 1.1.7 all problems are vanished. 
> Yeah I know but I don't have enough magic to turn back time.

There is no need to turn back time.  It would be enough to turn back
code.  I do not know this Wiki software but it seems to have done a
bad move.
> > But *you* did changed
> > something in the first place and the change was definitely no feature
> > and I'm not willing to support this broken doc in Debian.
> > 
> I believe all but the javascript problems should now be fixed.
> > Just make it as it was.  This is what Joey Purehardwareuser want's on
> > his computer and please also spare him this stupid fancy JavaScripting
> > stuff at bottom right.  You are draining the offline user into trouble.
> Maybe. I see your point. However since it will simply fail to load the js 
> from 
> the online server while user is offline nothing bad will stem from that. If 
> however the user is online and reads the offline docs he will have the chance 
> to 
> chance with us :-) I consider this a feature :-)
> I will try to see if there is a way to remove that online chat feature from 
> offline documentation.
> > Just use the old method you used last year and everything will be fine.
> If it was that easy. I had to do an security update of TWiki (long overdue) 
> and that changed what comes almost beyond my control.
> So apart from the wiki chat all problems (links, images etc) should now be 
> fixed. The images are now part of the documentation, officially. There is 
> just a 
> handful of cases where the same image is stored under different name but 
> since 
> this stems from Wiki's internal working I do not consider this a bug ( the 
> images really do appear more then once in the html files)

Would you mind building an RC tarball like


to let me have a look?

Kind regards



reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]