[Gnumed-devel] presenting GNUmed to newcomers

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] presenting GNUmed to newcomers
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 19:27:40 +0200

Hi all,

An interesting thing happened today. I was asked to make possible the
impossible.

A friend called me and said that he talked to someone who might be interested
in GNUmed for small rural doctor's offices.

I was asked to provide demonstrational material that

a) does not require the interested person to install GNUmed
b) does not require the interested person to install some viewer (e.g.
VMplayer)
c) runs without installation, preferably on Windows
d) is not a video
e) is not a e.g. Powerpoint presentation
f) runs on a Mac and Windows
g) can be run/demonstrated in non-internet settings

So let's review what we have.

1.) Windows installer (frozen) - unacceptable
2.) Mac-"installer" - we don't have one
3.) Live-DVD - is GNU/Linux based but is potentially acceptable
4.) VMware image - requires VMPlayer
5.) Short videos - unacceptable and outdated
6.) Various Talks - unacceptable

So for a second I thought it is impossible to find a solution for this. Then I
remembered Wubi. It is a way to run Ubuntu inside a running MS Windows.

I will give it a try. Maybe GNUmed can be configured to run inside Wubi.

If you have any other idea let me know.

Sebastian