Re: [Gnumed-devel] trade names

From: Liz
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] trade names
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 19:23:43 +1000

On Wed, 9 May 2012 04:45:57 +0000
"Busser, Jim" <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2012-05-08, at 8:50 PM, Vaibhav Banait wrote:
>
> > Following strategy can be adopted for allowing free text in trade
> > names 1. If gnumed detects a new name in trade name which is not
> > already in the database, a pop up should ask confirmation. 2. Once
> > confirmed, another pop up can ask for saving options. This pop up
> > gui should include other options generic name, amount of substance,
> > form and dosing information 3. To avoid misuse, a password can be
> > made compulsory. 4. Template prescriptions if possible should also
> > be allowed to be saved. Eg h pylori or anti tb regimen
>
> You are maybe suggesting to create "empty brands", meaning to create
> a named drug, but without linkage to the one or more components of
> the brand?
>
> AFAICT GNUmed's data structure will not allow this.
>
> Presently it is required to
>
>       - first create one or more component substances, including
> strength (if they did not already exist)
>
> and then
>
>       - create the Brand, where (in the creation) one or more
> components must be linked.
>

> If -- in the course of (trying to) add a new Brand -- it is
> discovered that a required component or component strength did not
> exist, it would be nice to be able to create them in inside the same
> dialog (or in a child dialog) without having to leave the Brands UI
> and later come back.
>
> -- Jim

And recipes for extemporaneous prescribing?
eg 2% salicylic acid with 4% LPC in UEA
the dialogue you are working on should allow such creations also
although perhaps not as far as my personal recipe section which
contains special instructions
eg Walking Stick mitte 1
use in right hand when walking
or
swimming
swim 3 lengths of the pool three times a week.