Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.2 rc4

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 1.2 rc4
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 19:39:39 +0200

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 11:23:37PM +0000, Jim Busser wrote:

> It will be nice to have an official release... I am only
> just wondering if there is a missing bug that accounts for
> why I could not merge 2 patients.

I tried that and it worked just fine for me. I improved some
of the behaviour which I observed in the log you sent (but
it worked even without that improvement). Those changes
should help pinpointing the merge problem should it be
reproducible in further versions.

> It has happened already three or four times that I wrongly
> relied on memory in deciding that I did not already create a
> patient in my shadow GNUmed database to not lose time to
> search for the person, only to later find out I was wrong.

Is there a chance to couple you non-shadow application to
the shadow GNUmed ?

> Would anybody object to a prompt that catches when a person to-be-created
> appears suspiciously like a person who already exists in the database?

Liz has already suggested as much and it is on the TODO
list.

> I am thinking that a match on
>
>       last name, first name, dob
>
> and maybe
>
>       last name, first initial, gender, dob
>
> Would be reasonable to prompt the user to say
>
>       Person " foo " already exists.
>
>               [ Go to ]  [ Create new person ]

That is, perhaps, a useful initial design.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de