Re: [Gnumed-devel] autohotkey script

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] autohotkey script
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 18:14:11 +0000

On 2012-06-02, at 10:52 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

I think this situation came about because

a) Vaibhav expressed the wish to have at his disposal an
  improved text expander in GNUmed

b) I voiced the idea that, for each platform, there are
  external tools which are dedicated to this kind of
  thing and that each individual application (like GNUmed)
  should only go so far in re-implementing them internally

c) Vaibhav did some research and came up with an example
  which he shared with the community (thanks for that)

I agree it is helpful, and I appreciate it.

My first response was a bit hasty (sorry), in that it did not right away occur to me that a Windows solution might inform something about GNUmed could benefit (and eventually benefit non-Windows users, as well).

-- JIm