Re: [Gnumed-devel] PythonUNO in libreoffice

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] PythonUNO in libreoffice
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 21:20:56 +0200

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 09:17:37PM +0200, Hilbert, Sebastian wrote:

> > Well, I have rewritten the regular expression which is used
> > to tell LO/OOo to look for inline placeholders from the
> > declaratively non-greedy
> >
> >     r'\$<.+?>\$'
> >
> > to the descriptively non-greedy (and slightly gary)
> >
> >     r'\$<(?:(?!\$<).)+>\$'
> >
> > (which works the same for LaTeX/Python & friends).
> >
> > However, according to this page:
> >
> >     http://help.libreoffice.org/Common/List_of_Regular_Expressions
> >
> > LO ain't supporting that ("that" meaning lookahead
> > assertions) either :-(
> >
> > Too bad, no more-than-one-per-line inline placeholders
> > for LibreOffice document templates still ...
> >

> Tell you what. That feature has been requested for years. If LO/OOo doesnt
> care we might think twice about checking out other software products. Maybe
> Abiword creators care.

Well, AbiWord already works (because AbiWord uses "simple"
XML which we can parse directly rather than use an API
provided by AbiWord and thusly let Python exert its regex fu
upon the text).

"Simple" doesn't quite cut it either with AbiWord because
XML must escape < and > in rather awkward ways but we can
work around that, too.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de