Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed access permissions

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed access permissions
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:02:47 +0000

On 2012-06-22, at 9:04 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Of course, this is just a smokescreen because such staff
> will inevitably need to be able to physically touch the
> paper they are scanning -- which will contain more or less
> highly sensitive clinical data !

I come back, again, to my question about the situation where Doctor A (in
GNUmed) desires for report B (created in GNUmed) to go to Doctor C (not in
GNUmed).

I suppose that in some magical future, there will be some LDAP or other
directory containing a resolvable address and encryption key via which the
GNUmed doctor can push a button and the document will "go" to the desired
praxis / doctor.

Until magic becomes real, what suggestions exist?

- doctor to physically print the document to paper, and if it contains
sufficient routing information (for example To and Cc) then the staff can know
to whom to fax or mail it

- doctor to place a digital copy or representation document (PDF) into a
directory which the front desk staff are to monitor and handle accordingly

I suppose the above will both work, and are current state.

-- Jim