Re: [Gnumed-devel] gender symbols hard-coded in gmPerson functions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gender symbols hard-coded in gmPerson functions
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:04:58 +0200 (CEST)

> When importing data to Gnumed I had no gender data, so tried to add a
> record for 'u' as 'unknown' to dem.gender_label and then use this tag
> in clin.identity.gender.

I would suggest setting the gender to "h" for the time being. Also,
put a comment into dem.identity.comment saying "[unknown gender]".
Then, write a hook script which checks for the gender being "h" AND
the comment containing (not necessarily *being*) "[unknown gender]".
In that case popup a warning that the gender needs to be set.

Then, make that hook script run on patient activation.

Over time, you'll have proper gender information.