Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem bootstrapping v19 from scratch - handled exce

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Problem bootstrapping v19 from scratch - handled exception updating v6 to v7
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 18:14:09 +0000

On 2013-11-04, at 12:09 AM, Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden> wrote:

> It is a permissions problem.

The lines surrounding gmTools.py at 486 ...

> ----------------------------
> ... File "./bootstrap_gm_db_system.py", line 985, in import_data
>    script = gmTools.import_module_from_directory(module_path =
> script_base_dir, module_name = import_script, always_remove_path = True)
>  File "/Users/dad/Downloads/gnumed-server.19.0/Gnumed/pycommon/gmTools.py",
> line 486, in import_module_from_directory
> OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

reveal I was bitten again by the same problem as in July of 2010, at v6-v7 at
the point where gmTools.py tried to call os.getcwd())

        _log.debug('CWD: %s', os.getcwd())

This was a consequence of -- and which, going forward, I will better remember
and document ! --

1) at least on Mac OS, there are problems with failure of su -c to be supported

2) making it sometimes necessary to run as root after commenting out sections
relying on su -c

3) the postgresql user typically does not have a home directory which
complicates the use of the commands getcwd or getcwdu to work in the user's
directory

        http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnumed-devel/2010-07/msg00060.html

and if the packages had been downloaded and untarred under a regular user
account, problems arise with permissions, which is what happened when I did

        sudo -i

to open a root shell, and then tried to run the bootstrap from files in my
regular user directory.

The solution below
- after config file instances of #password had been uncommented
- after su -c was disabled in two bootstrap files
- after I zipped the above inside the server v19
worked bootstrapping up to v17, after which I had a different problem that I'll
separately post ...

sudo -i

PATH=/Library/PostgreSQL/9.1/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin

cp /Users/dad/Downloads/gnumed-server.19.0.zip /tmp

cd /tmp

unzip gnumed-server.19.0.zip

cd /tmp/gnumed-server.19.0/server/bootstrap/

sh bootstrap-latest.sh