gnump3d-users

Re: [Gnump3d-users] ID3 information from tag.cache.updates not shown

From: C. Menge
Subject: Re: [Gnump3d-users] ID3 information from tag.cache.updates not shown
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 17:16:36 +0200

Stuffed Crust wrote:

>> Other new directories are properly shown in the list - but their
>> content is not accessed (and their information is *not* added to
>> ...cache) without the user visiting the single file list of the
>> respective directory.
>
> Ah, I get what you're talking about.  No, there's no "automatic"
> traversal of directories marked as new, and that is intentional.

I know - that was only an additional comment.

This is not the issue - I seem to have missed my point (or you did :-)

> When we re-generate the database, it does a full filesystem
> traversal. Otherwise it just adds new things as they are requested to
> speed things up at runtime.

Yap, sure. I'm absolutely fine with that.
BUT even *after* requesting a "new thing", the 'Info' screen with
detailed information about the file *stays* *empty*. Completely.

This happens for every new file  - i.e. file in ...cache - *although*
the tag and file information is contained there.

The only fix for that I've found so far is rebuilding the main index so
everything goes in there.

        C├ędric