gnump3d-users

[Gnump3d-users] renaming your gnump3d server

From: Marty Huntzberry
Subject: [Gnump3d-users] renaming your gnump3d server
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 21:44:49 -0400

I use noip.com to convert my dnamic IP address to a static name.  They have a
service that is called a "Port 80 redirect".  That takes your gnump3d
name of:

hostname.com:8001

and converts to:

hostname.com

Basically it simplifies your address for your users.  I want to take my old
gnump3d hostname of linuxhippy and rename it to anewhope.  I did this
in /etc/gnump3d/gnump3d.conf with hostaname = anewhope and commenting out
hostname = linuxhippy.  Now my new server address works fine, but people
who try to login with my old hostname of linuxhippy are lost in cyberspace.

How can I equate these:

http://linuxhippy.servemp3.com:8001 = http://anewhope.servemp3.com

I already have these 2 subdomains at noip.com....all works one at a time if I
restart my server with a new hostname.