[GNUnet-developers] Re: Round 1

From: Blake Matheny
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Re: Round 1
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:50:12 -0500

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

> Fine with me, go ahead. And congratulations on the BSD ports. Should we list
> OpenBSD, FreeBSD and NetBSD or do you want to exclude any of these until you
> could do some more testing? [You can of course update the webpage yourself if
> you want (doc/WWW/index.html; doc/gnu.org/index.html).
I just imported my local tree, which compiled and ran fine on both FreeBSD and
OpenBSD. The server, and text tools seemed to be ok, and the changes made to
src/utils/statuscalls.c seem to be working fine, although I'm a bit confused on
the cpuUsage() function, so if Tzvetan or Christian could shed some light on
it, that would be great. The networkUsage() function is a little slower then on
Linux, as we're using a pipe but not slow enough that I can notice it. I also
added getopt to the utils lib, as most platforms (other than Linux), do not
have getopt_long. This has been tested to compile and run on FreeBSD 4.5,
OpenBSD 3.0, and Linux (kernel 2.4.18). If people have time and could test it
out on any BSD box they have sitting around, I'd appreciate it. If gnunet
compiles and runs on OpenBSD, it's a safe bet that it will also do so on NetBSD
so I didn't bother testing. Let me know if you run into any problems. Thanks.
-Blake

--
Blake Matheny
address@hidden