RE: [GNUnet-developers] Windows implementation of fshcron.c

From: jan marco alkema
Subject: RE: [GNUnet-developers] Windows implementation of fshcron.c
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 07:05:43 +0200

Hello Krista,

>Yes, and if you'll read the previous e-mails describing why we chose
Cygwin, this is ***high*** on the list.

I know Cygwin. I compiled a source in it once.

I see in MVC++ that you can program as DLL, EXE and a service. Maybe the
service is the same as a Linux service like ftp.

In http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-4.1.html I see that the windows
version uses MVC++. I see that mysql uses threads also. See included files
for information purpose.

A good thing of MVC++ above cygwin is that you can easely program the
Windows GUI in MVC++.

>Enjoy. I've already given you the reasons we don't use MVC++, but if> you
want to experience the frustration personally, you go right ahead...

Microsoft Windows 2000 professional is very stable. I don't think I get
frustrated for a MVC++ port.

>That's because there's an existing working port *smirk*

Where can we download this existing working port?

>and you're welcome to try whatever you want *grin* If you get it working,
I'll send
you a cookie. Maybe 2.

First I want do a port on the current implementation of gnunetd before
trying to get it working in MVC++ or Cygwin!

- get rid of the platform specific "load library" concepts.
- port hosts, credits to (mysql) database also.
- all configuration item in (mysql) database.

Richard likes the idea to use fshcron.c for distribution of source code. You
download fshcron.c from internet. It should be compiled on Windows and
Linux. If you run it, it makes contact with my database on
www.foonsearch.com. After downloading the first essential source code like
mysql, etc. from internet it will begin to work locally. After database
synchronisation the connection with my database can be disconnected.

Greetings Jan Marco