Re: [GNUnet-developers] bdb corruption

From: Glenn McGrath
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] bdb corruption
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2004 15:39:17 +1000

I just struck this again trying to recreate my afs store, this time
however gnunetd was compiled with -O0 and it passed a make check.

It starts deleting keys and doesnt stop, the last log entry is a 'BDB:
Deleting key' line, on the console i was doing a 'gnunet-insert -n *' it
died saying gnunetd wasnt running (or something like that) and to check
i hadnt filled up all of afs's storage.

I had inserted somewhere between 347415 and 475405 kbytes before
failure,
i have DISKQUOTA = 1024, so i think i should have had space left.

compiled under debian sid.

gcc version 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-7)

./configure CFLAGS=-O0 \
        --host=i386-pc-linux-gnu \
        --build=i386-pc-linux-gnu \
        --prefix=/usr \
        --mandir=\$${prefix}/share/man \
        --infodir=\$${prefix}/share/info \
        --disable-ipv6 \
        --with-gcrypt=/usr \
        --without-crypto \
        --with-extractor=/usr \
        --with-gtk=/usr \
        --with-gdbm=/usr \
        --without-tdb \
        --with-bdb=/usr \
        --without-mysql \
        --enable-guile

Perhaps its a problem specific to bdb (im using v3.2.9) ?

Ill do a few more tests filling up (a smaller) bdb, see if i can narrow
it down.

Glenn