Re: [GNUnet-developers] libgsf vs libextractor

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] libgsf vs libextractor
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 16:47:57 -0500

Well, the bug fix is mostly a tricky approach to linking stuff, and I did send
an E-mail to you about it way back when and got no reply.

The primary problem is what happens if you load a plugin that links against
libgsf with dlopen, unload it, and load it again.  If you do that from an
application that itself (!) links against glib, you're in trouble (since the
types are loaded / registered twice with glib and that's not going over too
well).  The solution was to statically link libgsf against glib. Details are
in the bugtracking system (http://gnunet.org/mantis/, look under closed bugs
for libextractor).

I think there were also some minor problems with error handing in libgsf
(given the right mal-formed streams), but you can probably find those by
doing a diff (and ignoring me deleting lots of code that we did not need).
We have since then switched version control systems, so I can't easily find
those changes (if that is what you're interested in).

Again, I tried to communicate those problems to you earlier and did not
receive any response.

Best

Christian
p.s.: your mail was delayed since you're not subscribed to gnunet-developers
and because lists.gnu.org was unavailable for a while to approve such posts