[GNUnet-developers] switch to a DVCS (Git)?

From: Ivan Shmakov
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] switch to a DVCS (Git)?
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 12:58:53 +0700

        I wonder if there're plans to switch to a DVCS (such as Git, as
        successfully used by a number of free software projects,
        including those part of the GNU project), for GNUnet
        development?

        I mean, besides of a somewhat surprising situation of using a
        centralized system to develop a decentralized one, Subversion is
        a bit inconvenient in that it requires nearly constant access to
        the server for its operation.  (E. g., to examine the prior
        history, check the diff's, etc.)

        Alternatively, one can run svnsync(1) to get a replica of a
        Subversion repository, but it's a costly operation (or at least
        it was the last time I've tried), primarily for the server the
        repository is hosted on.  (Using git-svn(1) against a remote
        server incurs, I believe, roughly the same amount of burden on
        the latter.)

        However, if it's agreed upon, I may perform the svnsync(1) +
        git-svn(1) combination by myself, and clone the result to a
        publicly-acessible repository (perhaps on Gitorious.)

        TIA.

--
FSF associate member #7257