Re: [GNUnet-developers] GSoC

From: hellekin
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GSoC
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 18:35:34 +0000

On 02/27/2016 02:04 PM, carlo von lynX wrote:

> Figuring out the REST URLs and parameters means learning an API.

GET    /resource  -> Get a representation of the resource (status 200)
POST   /resource  -> Create a new resource (status 301)
PUT    /resource  -> Update an existing resource (status 200)
DELETE /resource  -> Destroy an existing resource (status 200)

That's the whole API.  All of it.  Then you need to learn about the
resources.  It's the same API across applications, languages, whatever.
 Simple and straightforward.  Why do you think developers like it?

> What's the big difference to using an API which is more efficient?

I guess you should implement pbus and demonstrate it's faster than dbus
and ubus.  Then people don't have any more reasons to prefer the slower
over the faster.  But now, the faster is ubus.

> These folks may be used to learn RESTful APIs, but is it
> such a big deal to learn a protocol instead?

Not a big deal, but the PSYC protocol doesn't take four lines to
explain.  I think I didn't even read all the wiki pages :)

==
hk