Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNS domains

From: ng0
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] GNS domains
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 23:20:00 +0000

On 17-02-20 16:14:41, David Barksdale wrote:
> I'm in favor of anti-squatting measures but I don't like the idea of
> taking money. Maybe a proof of work and proof of stake (in GNUnet). Like
> you have to compute a proof of work and store it in the zone you're
> registering, and it has to be lookup-able for a couple weeks, before the
> name is finally granted. Any better ideas on how to show you're actually
> contributing resources to GNUnet?

With OpenNIC one of the domain registrars used a method where you
had to validate one time after registering (else it would just expire)
and then just one time every 12 months.
They also had (have? this was back when I contributed to the project)
another method where you whitelist yourself to some DNS servers, however
that's unrelated to domains..