Re: [GNUnet-developers] libextractor: meta-type for narinfo?

From: Christian Grothoff
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] libextractor: meta-type for narinfo?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 15:34:25 +0200

On 09/14/2017 02:41 PM, ng0 wrote:
> Hi Christian and LRN.
>
> I'm going through `gnunet-guile` at the moment
> to understand and improve it.
> I just found this comment in it (with context):
>
> ```
> (define metadata-type-alist
>   '((#:filename          .   2)
>     (#:publication-date  .  24)
>     (#:unknown           .  45)
>     (#:original-filename . 180)
>     ;; temporary until the right meta-type is added to libextractor
>     (#:narinfo           . 230)))
>
> ```
>
> Read gnu/gnunet/container/metadata.scm in 'gnunet-guile'
> on our git server if you need more context.
>
> This is work mainly from GSoC 2015.
> Has a meta-type (?) for narinfo been added to
> libextractor since then?
> If not, what's needed to get it in?

Well, it's an enum value, so first a trivial patch to extractor.h, plus
a human-readable textual description in src/main/extractor_metatypes.c
of what "narinfo" is about.  I'm confused by the choice of 230, the next
free value is 229, and we should not leave holes.  So unless
compatibility is an issue, the value should probably be changed to 229.