Re: [GNUnet-developers] Troubleshooting CADET

From: Schanzenbach, Martin
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Troubleshooting CADET
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 15:03:56 +0200

Hi Peter,

I am not going to respond to the individual steps inline as I do not have
anything particular to add there.
But I have experienced exactly the same issue. Unfortunately, I am not sure
what the underlying problem is.
Maybe Christian knows of some open blocking bugs in cadet.

Personally, I have wondered if maybe the peers that are currently running (as
in the current GNUnet P2P network which are served by through the gnunet.org
hostlist) might not all be on the same version.
I am not sure what happens if a node encounters traffic that it does not
understand due to a very old GNUnet version (0.10.x).
For example: As far as I remember, nodes drop blocks that are routed to/through
them if they cannot validate them (using the respective block plugin).

Maybe try testing it using a dedicated P2P network of your own nodes?

BR
Martin