[GNUnet-developers] libwget2

From: ng0
Subject: [GNUnet-developers] libwget2
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 18:13:58 +0000

Hi,

remind me again: What exactly is in the way (besides us making relevant changes
in GNUnet)
to make use of libwget2 as a successor to gnURL?
Someone knew it and had just grumpy opinions on the wget.h ... but besides "omg
it is long",
what can we do in cooperation with wget2 to get to a point where we can embrace
wget2?

We have this long standing ridiculous issue in Guix with curl and gnurl, and if
wget2 would
just work and function differently than curl (CURL_CA_PATH is the issue) it
would be so much
easier to finally get this integrated. "on first run download the hostlist"
"oh, excuse me
we first have to crash into the wellknown kitchensink with curl/gnurl".
I'd rather invest time in trying to get wget2 ready than to continue merging
from curl and
having dependency on their problems (which are somewhat unique to the
Guix+GuixSD situation.
--
A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
https://n0.is