Re: [GNUnet-developers] Guix based tooling for GNUNet

From: Catonano
Subject: Re: [GNUnet-developers] Guix based tooling for GNUNet
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 09:01:47 +0200

Hmm. The nssdir thing is just a warning.
There seems to be a permissions problem for the configure files (such as config.log).
That must be rooted in the build system (guix?) in this case though.
For example: I guess you could reproduce it by executing configure as root and then after as user. Result should be the same.

Guix does its builds in an "isolated" folder and it's a "build" user that does the build in such an environment

So I can' t build as root and then as a user

Not it's building again

I just scrapped the gnunet folder and checked out again from git

In this way, it builds

If I try to build locally (not putting Guix inb charge of the build, but rather doing it myself by hand) and THEN ask guix to build, it happens what I reported

But this is a matter for the guix mailing list

On my Fedora workstation, it builds and passes a

Sorry I pressed the wrong key combination by mistake and sent the email too early

I was saying:

Building with Guix(SD):

On my Fedora workstation, it builds and passes all the tests happily

On my GuixSD workstation, it doesn' t pass the tests and there' s one of those pesky timeouts in establishing a connection that Christian mentioned

Now I have still to see if I can instal it and run it on the Fedora desktop

With that information I' ll try to devise a plan