gnushogi-devel

Re: [Gnushogi-devel] Informing (proposed) package in Fedora / contributi

From: Yann Dirson
Subject: Re: [Gnushogi-devel] Informing (proposed) package in Fedora / contribution guidelines
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 18:43:57 +0200

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 02:15:40PM +0200, Yann Dirson wrote:
> > The submitted source is 100% same as git master branch, with additional
> > "autoreconf -i" generated files
>
> Beware, you have an autom4te.cache that went into the source tarball.
> To get a more official source tarball, I advise you just use "make dist".

Alternatively, you can get an official tarball for the latest snapshot
packaged for debian/experimental, from
http://cdn.debian.net/debian/pool/main/g/gnushogi/.
Current version there is gnushogi_1.5~git20140222.orig.tar.gz

> > and some minor tweaks in configure.ac:
> > * added AM_PROG_CC_C_O: to avoid
> > gnushogi/Makefile.am:97: warning: compiling 'main.c' with per-target
> > flags requires 'AM_PROG_CC_C_O' in 'configure.ac'
> > * added a AC_CHECK_PROG(/*foobar*/): to avoid
> > /home/lunarshaddow/gnushogi/missing: line 81: makeinfo: command not
> > found
>
> Sounds good, but you should really include such changes as patches in
> your source package.
>
> You can also publish them as git commits in a repo of you own (maybe
> on github as a fork of https://github.com/ydirson/gnushogi, since I
> don't think anyone can do that on savannah)

Thinking about it, it is probably even better to "git send-email" your
patches to this list, it makes it easier to discuss changes - and as
the GNU project surely does not endorse github, if you choose to
publist your tree, forking http://repo.or.cz/w/gnushogi.git would be a
better choice.

Just pushed a README update to branch "maint" with this information.

Best regards,
--
Yann