gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] More GNuspeech compile errors and warnings--Help

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] More GNuspeech compile errors and warnings--Help!
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 13:07:46 -0700 (PDT)

Robert,

--- Robert Hamilton <address@hidden> wrote:

> Upon running make from the below indicated directory, the following
> warnings and fatal errors are generated:
>
> address@hidden root]# cd
> /usr/GNUstep/System/Applications/current/Applications/GnuSpeech
> address@hidden GnuSpeech]# make
> Making all for app GnuSpeech...
>  Creating GnuSpeech.app/....
>  Compiling file ApplicationDelegate.m ...
> ApplicationDelegate.m:4:2: warning: #import is obsolete, use an #ifndef
> wrapper in the header file
> In file included from ApplicationDelegate.m:12:
> GSDBMPronunciationDictionary.h:6:18: warning: ndbm.h: No such file or
> directory
> In file included from ApplicationDelegate.m:12:
> GSDBMPronunciationDictionary.h:12: parse error before "DBM"
> make[1]: *** [shared_obj/ApplicationDelegate.o] Error 1
> make: *** [GnuSpeech.all.app.variables] Error 2
> address@hidden GnuSpeech]#
>
> My computer's copy of ndbm.h is located here:
>  /usr/include/gdbm
>
> Why can't this compile session find it?

Not sure :/ I will see if I can add a "configure" script to automatically find
this.   I am currently out of town and don't have access to my computer.  But I
will look at this when I return.

THanks, GJC

Gregory John Casamento
-- CEO/President Open Logic Corp. (A MD Corp.)
## Maintainer of Gorm (IB Equiv.) for GNUstep.