gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] compile failure

From: Steve Nygard
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] compile failure
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 21:46:23 -0700

On Nov 17, 2005, at 7:24 AM, Eric Zoerner wrote:

I am trying to build the Mac version of Monet and I get a compile error. I am still getting up to speed on Objective-C (which is amazingly like Smalltalk except it seems to have some weird mixture of dynamic and static typing), so I would appreciate some assistance in resolving this error. Note that I am now using XCode 2.2 to compile this, but I got the same errors in XCode 2.1.

The following is an excerpt from the build log:

It looks like they've added a -defaultValue method to another class that returns an id instead of a double... The easiest way to fix this is to cast the result of the -objectAtIndex: to the correct type, in this case MMParameter *.
It should look something like this:

newTarget = [[MMTarget alloc] initWithValue:[(MMParameter *) [mainParameters objectAtIndex:index] defaultValue] isDefault:YES];

This fixes both the warnings and the errors.

Later you'll probably see an error compiling wavetable.c... I'm not sure what the problem is, looks like trouble importing one of the system headers. I removed the import of vecLib.h and it compiled, but with warnings. I haven't had the time to figure out what the problem is on that one.

--
Steve