gnuspeech-contact

Re: [gnuspeech-contact] GNUSpeech Console Utility

From: Dalmazio Brisinda
Subject: Re: [gnuspeech-contact] GNUSpeech Console Utility
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 13:37:05 -0700

Have a look at Linked Frameworks section in the Xcode Groups & Files pane. I've found in the past that for setting up the project on a different system, I've often had to remove the custom frameworks (Tube and GnuSpeech) and then add them again, so Xcode correctly picks up the new locations -- unless they're in standard system Framework folders. If you would like additional information on Xcode, have a look at the book "Xcode Unleashed" -- there may be others.

Also, you might just want to confirm that when you open up the build options panel (CMD-i), select the Build tab, and some ways down you will see in the "Search Paths" section the option: Framework Paths, specifically, double-click and see that it's set to "$(SRCROOT)/.." with the "recursive" switch turned on. This is set for all the individual xcode projects. This expands out to show you the actual additional paths used to search and link against. $(SRCROOT) is configured on my system to point to "../.." in the General tab of the project info panel (CMD-i). Alternatively, you can just use hard paths in specifying the header/framework paths.

If you have the frameworks installed, then you might want to go to where they are (/Library/Frameworks/GnuSpeech.framework and /Library/Frameworks/Tube.framework) and rename them (say with .original appended), and then create links in /Library/Frameworks/ to the compiled frameworks in your project directory. You only really need to do this if you think you will be modifying or experimenting with the Tube and GnuSpeech frameworks. That way apps pick up the latest changes to these frameworks, instead of using the previously installed frameworks.

Also, if you have problems, try opening up the Tube and GnuSpeech xcode projects, and build them separately. Then go back and try and build the various apps etc. that depend on them. This in the event of some odd Xcode project configuration settings.

If you've made any other changes to the build settings, I suggest downloading another copy of the distribution as a backup "reference-only" copy  so you can compare against it to see if your build settings for any given project match. Accidental or experimental changes to some of these settings may result in warnings or even errors during compilation/linking.

Best,
Dalmazio