Re: Windows, DLLs and NSBundle

From: Michael Scheibler
Subject: Re: Windows, DLLs and NSBundle
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 14:23:44 +0100

Ok, I was (finally!) able to load a DLL using NSBundle. The ObjC-class
inside this DLL is automatically initialized by its load-method. Now it
would be nice to know what classes are inside.
I found a callback function in objc-load.m (objc_load_callback) and
found following lines in objc-api.h of gcc:

/*
** This is a hook which is called by __objc_exec_class every time a
class
** or a category is loaded into the runtime.  This may e.g. help a
** dynamic loader determine the classes that have been loaded when
** an object file is dynamically linked in.
*/
extern void (*_objc_load_callback)(Class class, Category* category);

Unfortunately this function is never invoked. Can you tell me why, or
where I can change the code for it?

Michael