Re: Disabling inline in mframe.m

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Disabling inline in mframe.m
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 12:08:11 +0100

On Tuesday, June 5, 2001, at 11:50 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

The GCC bug crashing GCC 3.0 on mframe.m has been fixed.

GCC 3.0 has still problems with inline nested functions, but I'm not sure that that will be fixed (btw, official GCC 3.0 release is now scheduled in
less than a month).

If I add

#define inline

at the beginning of mframe.m I can compile and use gnustep using gcc 3.0
(static libobjc, not yet tried with the shared libobjc from GCC 3.0).

Is it Ok to add that line to CVS ?

Then, we can ask people to try it out!

I think that's fine ... it makes no noticable performance difference ... I've tried it recently, and have been using gcc 3.0 for my home system for a few weeks now.