GNU/Linux - Develpment Plattform

From: David . Ayers
Subject: GNU/Linux - Develpment Plattform
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:18:07 +0100

Hello GNUStep Developers!

I'm considering joining the team (in some time.) Since I need to set up a
new system anyhow, I would like to know which (if any) GNULinux systems
you'd suggest for development.

My background:
I'm not the Linux expert, but I have some NeXT 3.2 experience. I've been
developing under OPENSTEP Enterprise 4.2 (i.e. Windows) the last 3 years.

I'm planning to work on some EOF/DB implementations and therefor will
probaly need a "mysql" (as I figure this is the predominate database used
under GNULinux but please infom me if I'm wrong) which configuration (mybe
packaged system?) would you suggest?

Thanks,
Dave