Re: Some annoying questions ;-)

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Some annoying questions ;-)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:42:18 -0700

Nicola Pero wrote:

As far as I know installing gnustep-make, gnustep-objc and gnustep-base
should not be too difficult on windows.  I think they are believed to
work.  there are full instructions somewhere :-)

Yes, they should work ok, although installation on MinGW is actually better documented and tested (see gnustep-make/Documentation/README.MinGW). The current cygwin compiler may not support ObjC (although I haven't checked lately), but the MinGW one does.

anyway I'm not sure anyone has ever attempted such a port (to an X server
running under Windows), so you might need to do some porting/fixing
yourself to have the beast run ...

I don't know of anything like this. Although someone has compiled gnustep-gui on MinGW. It doesn't do anything, of course.

Some people have talked about native Windows port, but no one has produced any code yet.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics            | Fudd's law of opposition: Push
address@hidden  http://www.doc.com     | something hard enough, and it