Re: XGDragView bug?

From: Willem Rein Oudshoorn
Subject: Re: XGDragView bug?
Date: 23 Dec 2001 17:19:03 +0100

Enrico Sersale <address@hidden> writes:

> All seems to work except the Alt_L modifier that has a strange behaviour.
>
> It works exactly conversely, if I *don't* press it, I get a
> NSDragOperationCopy, and, to simply move a file, I must press it!

It just occured to me that you are or I am confused about the modifiers.

OS key       action        my keyboard

Control   -- link     --  control key
Alternate -- copy     --  right alt key
Command   -- Generic  --  left alt key

This combined with the fact that from the source of GWorkspace
I see that the default is COPY it is not suprising that
if you DO NOT press Alt_L you get the copy operation.

Wim Oudshoorn.