Re: Problems with NSTextStorage

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: Problems with NSTextStorage
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:23:30 +0100

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:51:48 +0000 (GMT)
Nicola Pero <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I am currently implementing an integrated editor in ProjectCenter. Therefore
> > I create the textsystem 'by hand' and connect the objects manually.
> Why ?

Doing some multi representation stuff of the same text requires that AFAIK. Or
is there a way to set the textstorage for an existing textview?

> > Furthermore calling init instead of initWithString:attributes:
> > is not implemented/supported at all, although it should be, according to
> > Apple's documentation, explaining the text system. What is correct here?
>
> As far as I know, [NSTextStorage -init] is implemented, and it works -
> it's inherited from NSMutableAttributedString.  Let me know if I'm missing
> something.

I guess you are right, but where is _layoutManagers initialised when calling
-init and not -initWithString:attributes: ?

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
Software Engineer