Re: NSString.m / stringWithoutPrefix: (was Re[2]: GSWeb probs.)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSString.m / stringWithoutPrefix: (was Re[2]: GSWeb probs.)
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:30:41 +0100

On Sunday, September 15, 2002, at 04:48 PM, Manuel Guesdon wrote:

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 17:33:14 +0000 address@hidden wrote:

| You wrote:
|
| > How did you compiled gnustep base ?
| > stringWithoutPrefix: is included if NO_GNUSTEP is not set (see NSString.m).
|
| There is not stringWithoutPrefix in my NSString.m
|
| address@hidden /usr/home/mirko/src/gnustep/core/base/Source> grep NSString CVS/Entries
| /NSString.m/1.271/Sun Sep 15 15:25:37 2002//
| address@hidden /usr/home/mirko/src/gnustep/core/base/Source> grep
| stringWithoutPrefix NSString.m
| address@hidden /usr/home/mirko/src/gnustep/core/base/Source>
|
| I've browsed the source on savannah and it's the same.
|
| Where is ?

I don't know: it seems someone removed it in NSString version 1.270.
Does someone know why and where is located this method now ?

I renamed it to stringByDeletingPrefix: to be consistent with the naming
conventions of the NSString class.
However, I think these methods should probably be deprecated and removed
entirely, as they are trivial to implement and I'd really like to remove
as much non-standard stuff as we reasonably can.
After all, we can write [foo substringFromIndex: [bar length]] almost as
easily as writing [foo stringWithoutPrefix: bar]