Re: Working on new backend

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Working on new backend
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 08:59:49 -0600

Chad Hardin wrote:
This is just an announcement to avoid possible (albeit unlikely) duplication
of work.
I've started on a new backend for DirectFB, I hope to have something usable
within 2 weeks.

Also, what would be the preferred names for the splits of this backend?
DirectFB and DirectFBlib?  (like win32 and winlib)

I named the first after the windowing system (like x11) and the second after the graphics model (like xlib or art). How are you doing the graphics? Something like the art backend is pretty generic, although it may need to be modified slightly to work with DirectFB.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you