Question about panels

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Question about panels
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 23:51:35 -1000

I have a question, I’ve been looking at the source for an answer but the way things weave together makes it difficult for me to answer it myself...

I’m creating a very simple, C and SysV IPC based lightweight window server.  Of course, the ultimate goal is to make a backend for this new server.  Right now, the server only deals with top-level windows and leaves inter-window “widgets” the responsibility of the client.  Is this possible with GNUstep?  The reason I ask is because NSView seems to not rely on the concept of “sub-windows” from whatever backend it uses.  Is this correct?

I know a lot of you understand this stuff way better than I do so I humbly ask your advice on whether I should support “sub-windows”

Thanks!

Chad