Question about Layers...

From: Chad Hardin
Subject: Question about Layers...
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:19:02 -1000

Right now my lightweight window manager NuVu has 5 possible layers (lowest, low, middle, high, highest).  I recently noticed that OS Xs window server can have 64K layers ( a 16bit number).  Is this or do you anticipate this many layers will be needed by gnustep?  It’s an easy fix, it would just involve a deeper level of pointers in the code so I want to see if it’s really necessary.

Also, would it be useful to be able to hide a complete layer at a time as well as per-window hiding?

Thx,

Chad