Application icon (re)size

From: Lyndon Tremblay
Subject: Application icon (re)size
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 23:53:58 -0600

(I had difficulty mailing this to address@hidden).

Concerning application icon sizes and the restriction at 48x48 for tile sizes, it might be useful if larger images were filtered down and smaller ones are filtered up. Some applications should still be able to cover the whole tile, but Apple probably does have a point with their 128x128 icons. I think high res icons are a very versatile idea in general, for gstep-gui buttons even, it would only realistically affect launch/cache times, but it would provide image antialiasing of sorts. I don't mean just resize, but filtering.

A lot of what I said might not make very much sense or practicality... at least application icons should get resized.

--Lyndon