Re: Xinput support

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: Xinput support
Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 11:14:30 -0700

Banlu Kemiyatorn wrote:
Dear sirs,
I was trying to add xinput support to gnustep (pressure support in mouse event) since I have a
wacom tablet here. But I don't know what I should do. What does MacOSX do?
What should happen if a pen is down already and the pressure change?
And if I change the device, ie. switch to erasure side for example, what kind of event
should occured?

I don't know how it works either. I'm guessing the most compatible way to do this would be generate a fake event, perhaps a fake mouse-moved event with the new pressure information, and/or a new key event when switching?

Another way would be to define a new event type, or perhaps a subType under NSSystemDefined, and override NSWindow.s sendEvent: to catch it.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you