~/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: ~/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 13:08:49 +0100 (CET)

I've found a problem using an application compiled with a previous version of
core/base (around
jully 2002).
A new  application has modified ~/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults and make
the
dictionary unreadable by the old application (sorry, I haven't kept the
modified file but it
was a number coded as 7200 in previous version now coded  <*I7200> or something
like that).

It take me some time to guess why the application failed to run.
So is it possible to add versioning system in this kind of file so an new
application won't badly
modify this file when the file version is older ? Or use different file names
for incompatible version
(~/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults.x.y) or something else.... ?

Now, I have to make ~/GNUstep/Defaults/.GNUstepDefaults owned by root, writable
only by the owner
and  readable by everyone (pplication fail to if it can't read the file) so old
and new application can run..

Manuel