NSView displayIfNeededInRectIgnoringOpacity:

From: Stefan Urbanek
Subject: NSView displayIfNeededInRectIgnoringOpacity:
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 13:18:45 +0100

Hi

NSView dataWithEPSInsideRect: does not work if there is no window set for the
view. It will produce an empty EPS with the size of a view with no drawing.

In NSView.m there is:

- (void) displayIfNeededInRectIgnoringOpacity: (NSRect)aRect
{
 if (_window == nil)
   {
     return;
   }

Why there should be a window do be able to draw the view?

I have an temporary view only for getting EPS data. Now I have to create
NSWindow to be able to get those data.

   win = [[NSWindow alloc] init];
   [[win contentView] addSubview:myTempView];
   data = [myTempView dataWithEPSInsideRect:rect];
   RELEASE(win)
   RELEASE(myTempView);

Is there any reason for the window? AFAIK, dataWithEPSInsideRect: is using it's
own drawing context.

Stefan