Re: removing the 'make install'-->'make all' dependency

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: removing the 'make install'-->'make all' dependency
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 10:25:22 +0100

Alexander Malmberg wrote:

I originally sent this 2002-12-11, but I haven't gotten it yet and I
don't see it in the archives, so I'm assuming it got lost somewhere.
Apologies if it's a duplicate.

Same here.. :-) I'm not sure what happend to my reply either, so here are my 2 cents...

I also the believe that 'install' should comply with the coding standard and be dependant of 'all'. As Helge also suggested, I would vote for having a new target (maybe 'inst') that would do the actuall installation and have 'install' depend on 'all' and 'inst'. That way there would be compliance to the standard, yet "advanced" users could still use the faster feature.

Cheer,.
Dave